At the centre of the debate is how to ensure incentives for investment in fibre, whilst also sustaining competition in the diverse services that will bring economic benefits to Europe’s consumers and businesses. The Commission is right now addressing these questions through a Recommendation which will establish the future Framework for regulation in the communications sector.
Conference which keynote presentation from Commissioner Viviane Reding, will be debate and analysis on the crucial issues:
- In what circumstances should fibre and vDSL access networks be regulated?
- How can operators best co-operate to defray investment risks whilst preserving competition
- How should fibre be priced? What role can differentiated pricing arrangements play?
- What could be the role of functional separation in a next generation environment?
- How can a smooth transition be achieved from legacy networks to more modern replacements?
- How can open networks be turned to commercial advantage by incumbents?
- How can public funding best be used to support investment in new networks?
Conference is on thursday 25th June 2009, in Residence Palace, Brussels.