Edward Chen, Managing Director, UK and Ireland for Huawei Technologies comments: “This UK based Technical Assistance Centre demonstrates Huawei’s investment and commitment to the UK and European market. It means that we can provide increased local technical assistance and support to meet our customers ever changing needs and the anticipated needs of a number of contract signings we’re expecting in the near future.”
The TAC is also designed to handle:
* Support for technical enquiries
* European support for spares and repairs management
* Network and product enhancement reporting
* Hardware, firmware and software upgrades
* Customer reporting via Service Level Agreements and management reviews
The TAC has implemented a continuous improvement policy through operational
readiness testing of processes, people and systems and is moving towards Six Sigma accreditation. Targets have also been set for quality accreditation towards ISO 9002 TL 9000 and BS 15000 standards.
Prior technical support – provided by Hutchison Communications – was based
in Watford and acted as an interim TAC. This now operates as the Disaster Recovery Centre (DRC).