Those specifications will allow the industry to deploy IPTV networks and devices that inter-operate, while offering an evolution path for the future. Such networks and devices will allow the industry to deliver IPTV services that are easy to use as well as attractive to the end user.
The specifications cover the following areas to ensure a high level of interoperability:
– Audio/Video Media Formats
– Content Metadata
– Protocols for Home Network, User-Network and Network-Network interfaces
– Declarative Application Environment
– Procedural Application Environment
– Content and Service Protection