award-winning backup and storage solutions for home users, creative professionals and small business users. Products include the Maxtor Shared Storage™ drive for home networks, Maxtor OneTouch™ II family of external storage and backup solutions, and Maxtor OneTouch II Small Business Edition for backing up small business servers. Maxtor also delivers retail hard drive kits and accessories, offering its customers a choice and flexibility for their storage needs.
During backup month, Maxtor will be supporting its retail partners by providing them with extensive point of sale (POS) informational material to raise awareness on the shop floor of the importance of data backup. Not only is Maxtor offering information, it is also giving away one Maxtor OneTouch II drive every day on www.backupawareness.com.
As part of the campaign, Maxtor is promoting a five-step “best practices” programme for basic protection.
- Develop a backup schedule — backup data daily or at minimum weekly.
- Backup everything — today users can easily backup all of their computer hard drive data. No need to spend time sorting through every file or folder. Invest in a storage solution that’s twice the size of your internal hard drive to give your system room to grow.
- Do it automatically — set it and forget it. Use a solution that’s easy to set up and provides automatic backups.
- Rotate backups — give added protection in case of an earthquake, fire, flood, or theft. Use two drives and rotate one offsite.
- Don’t procrastinate — unfortunately, the need to backup data is often a lesson learned from an unfortunate experience. Don’t let it happen to you. Have you done it today?
Maxtor Corporation (www.maxtor.com) is one of the world’s leading suppliers of hard disk drives and consumer storage solutions. The company has an expansive line of storage products for desktop computers, storage systems, high-performance Intel-based servers, and consumer electronics. Maxtor has a reputation as a proven market leader, built by consistently providing high-quality products, services and support for its customers.