The politicians are alleged to have claimed for expenses that have enraged the public and several of them have had to give the money back. Leading poker game company InterPoker is now giving them one final chance to hold on to the cash, by entering into a heads-up poker tournament at www.interpoker.com.
Those invited to play include:
- Peter Viggers 1,645 (spent on duck pond)
- Michael Gove 7,000 (spent on furniture) (Shadow Schools Secretary)
- Oliver Letwin 2,000 (spent on pipe under tennis court) (Chairman of the Policy Review)
- Alan Duncan 5,000 (spent on gardening) (Shadow leader of the house)
- Hazel Blears 13,332 (tax) (Communities secretary)
The site has made an extra special offer to Michael Martin, the first Commons Speaker forced to resign in more than 300 years. Martin claimed 1,400 for using chauffeur-driven cars to travel around his constituency including trips to Celtic Park, home of Celtic Football Club. He is being offered the chance to win a Celtic season ticket with chauffeur-driven car to each game, if he accepts InterPoker’s offer to play in the online poker tournament.
A spokesperson for InterPoker commented: “InterPoker is facilitating a challenge between these disgraced politicians and the public. We’re giving them the chance to win back their dignity as well as the cash if they manage to beat the public in a fair fight. We hope that they’ll take us up on our offer by visiting the site and registering for these very special online poker tournaments”.
Interpoker MP tips – how to bluff your way to win
- It’s ok to tell the truth sometimes – don’t bluff for the sake of it but if you do bluff, ride it all the way through to the end.
- Know your opponents – learn what they’re up to by keeping your eye on their game at all times and when the moment’s right, use this knowledge against them.
- Play within your limits – don’t play with money that you can’t afford to lose.
- Keep your cool – look ‘em in the eye, and maintain your best poker face at all times!
Leave a Reply