Attracting nominations from Communications Service Providers, suppliers and systems integrators, the TM Forum Excellence Awards are widely recognized as truly impartial awards for the communications industry.
This year’s awards include four new best practice categories:
- TM Forum Industry Leadership Award – to be awarded to the company demonstrating leadership, dedication and commitment to the Forum’s industry collaboration activities, and overall progress in the industry.
- TM Forum Operational Excellence Award – to be awarded to the Communications Service Provider demonstrating the most innovative and effective use of TM Forum Solution Frameworks to deliver tangible cost reduction, efficiency improvement and operational agility.
- TM Forum Solution Excellence Award – to be awarded to the supplier or system integrator demonstrating the most innovative and effective use of TM Forum Solution Frameworks to deliver tangible cost reduction and efficiency improvement.
- TM Forum Business Innovation Award – to be awarded to the Communications Service Provider demonstrating the most innovative and successful new service or business model.
As interest in the awards soar competition will be fierce, with 10 entries for the Industry Leadership category, 11 for the Operational Excellence category, 26 for the Solution Excellence category and 8 for the new Business Innovation category
An independent panel of highly-respected industry experts will review the list and narrow it down to six finalists in each category. The winners for certain categories will be decided through an open vote by the 750 TM Forum member companies, and announced to an audience of more than 2,500 senior executives from the industry at the Forum’s flagship Management World 2010 conference on the morning of Tuesday, May 18, 2010.
The Official Nominees for the TM Forum Excellence Awards 2010 are:
- TM Forum Solution Excellence Award
Tata Consultancy Services
ConceptWave Software Inc.
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
NetCracker Technology Corp.
Systems Mechanics Ltd.
Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.
- TM Forum Industry Leadership Award
BSM impact Limited
NetCracker Technologies Corp.
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.
- Operational Excellence Award
China Mobile Communications Corporation
China Unicom have two entries for this category
Saudi Telecommunications Company
Telefnica O2UK Limited
Vodafone D2 GmbH
- TM Forum Business Innovation Award
BT have two entries for this category
Tata Consultancy Services
Telefonica Latin America & Huawei Technologies
“The quality and quantity of this year’s nominations illustrate growing confidence within the industry,” said Nik Willetts, CMO, TM Forum. “This year’s nominations show a significant step change in innovation by service providers, increasingly in partnership with their suppliers. TM Forum standards are critical to the success of these projects, offering a platform for success.”
With more than 700 corporate members in 195 countries, TM Forum is the world’s leading industry association focused on enabling best-in-class IT for service providers in the communications, media and cloud service markets. The Forum provides business-critical industry standards and expertise to enable the creation, delivery and monetization of digital services.