The 14th of February is one of the most dreaded days of the year for both male and female lovebirds all over the world, and for good reasons too. Whether you think Valentine’s Day is a romantic opportunity or a commercial hype, your relationship will be put to the test. You know how difficult it is to find your sweetheart a personal gift that doesn’t give off the wrong message, and at the same you can’t help but think of your darling’s gift as an expression of his or her love for you.
Interestingly, the top 5 of presents you shouldn’t even think of giving your loved one is exactly the same as the top 5 of gifts you don’t want to receive. Steer clear of these tickets to disaster!
- Nothing : The worst mistake you can make is not giving your sweetheart a present at all. Even if you’ve discussed the matter and you both agreed that the whole Valentine’s Day thing is a way to sell corny cards, sugary sweets and expensive roses, you can’t deny that you’ll feel slightly disappointed when your loved one seems to have forgotten about you while the whole world is celebrating love. And you bet your partner will feel the same way. So, even if you know your lover is really opposed against the idea, it’s better to come up with a present that will make him or her laugh than doing nothing at all.
- Washing powder, cleaning liquids, sponges, vacuum cleaners… : Giving your partner useful presents is not a nice way of telling him or her to do more household chores.
- Hideous jewellery : Just because it’s gold, doesn’t make that 14-carat ring from the home shopping channel pretty. The main reason why Valentine’s Day has a bad name is that many lovers make the mistake of splurging on jewellery that they wouldn’t even want their partner to wear, simply because they think it’s romantic to buy someone a gold necklace or cufflinks. If you’ve been a victim of this misconception, it’s handy to know that Monsterpriceforgold.com will pay the highest prices of cash for gold gifts, so you can buy yourself something you really want.
- Cheap wine : If you really care about someone, you don’t want to give them a cracking headache in the morning. Not all expressions of love have to revolve around money, but when it comes to wine, going for the cheap option is most likely to end in disaster.
- Fake Flowers : Since Valentine’s gifts are meant to be a mirror of your relationship, fake flowers are a no-no. Giving fake flowers is like telling someone your love is fake. Go for the real thing. Fragrant roses are much more romantic than plastic ones.
Leave a Reply